Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heaven and Real Life

Sky

“ . . . it’s like going to the playground and never having to come home!”  -our almost 9 year old son explaining heaven to our 3 1/2 year old daughter

This was one of those “Wow!” moments, when you get a glimpse into the faith of a child and you realize that they get it!  They really understand . . . at least in part . . . something so complex and beautiful that most adults don’t get it.  They are in true faith in God.

My son made something that we can make so complex simple again.  Heaven is a real place.  It is a wonderful place.  It’s where God is.  And for those of us that believe in God, and Jesus as God’s son, we have a future home there.

Real life is not pretty all the time.  In fact sometimes it is downright ugly!  As I write this there is a whole lot of ugly threatening to overshadow the blessings and provision that God has for my own family.  But still I will trust Him.  He’s never let me down before.  And for that I give Him thanks and praise.

Lord, thank you for reminding me that the situations and things of this world are temporary.  My hope is in you, and you will not let me down.  And not only that, you have a home for me greater than any home here on earth.  You, Lord God, are my perfect parent and the source of all that I need.  Thank you everything that you do for me. Amen

Blessings to you all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment