Thursday, September 29, 2011

Too Much Of A “Good” Thing

JunkWell, we are finishing our move into the trailer . . . I HOPE!  It has been a LONG journey, stalled by school starting, and many other distractions both joyful and frustrating.  And ya know what?  WE HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!!!

Is this a complete and utter shock to me?  No!  Although, the scary part is that we have actually gotten rid of a lot the past couple years.  Glad we did that ;)

So, again we go through the process of deciding what we REALLY need as opposed to what we don’t need and can pass along.  Do we really need the shish kabob skewers that we have never used other then maybe a couple of times as (really sharp) marshmallow toasting sticks?  No.  Pass them along!  Do I really need like three world maps?  No.  Pass them along.

And then there is the box that remained packed the whole 2 1/2 years that we lived in the last house.  I CONQUERED IT!!!  Receipts from three years ago?  GONE!  And guess what?  I even found a $50 grocery gift card that we haven’t been able to find all during that time, among the worthless receipts and other stuff fit for recycling.  Yay!  I really needed that right now!  Thanks God!

Two verses come to mind right now for me that deal specifically with this.  They are Matthew 6:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 10:23-24

If I have a house full of stuff, but cannot use my gift of hospitality in my own home, then I have let Satan lessen my effectiveness as a follower of Christ.  And while I can keep every kitchen tool and clothing item I own, one can definitely have too much of a “good” thing.  But the best “thing” is the peace that God offers when I let go of the rest.

Thank you God for providing all that I need . . . and more.  Please help me to know when to hang on to something and when to let go, and bless others.  I want to give my life to you in service in ALL areas of my life.  I want peace for my family, and especially my husband when he comes home from work.  Thank you for your guidance in this area.  I love you Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment